Filed Under: ADHD, Executive Functioning Issues, Executive Functioning Deficit
The Difference Between ADHD and Executive Function Issues
I have been asked this a lot since creating my new website and expanding my focus to include both ADHD and those who have Executive Function Issues.
You see, there is a degree of overlap between the two as well as differences. So below is a clarification if you have been wondering about this too.
- An official diagnosis
- All people with ADHD have Exec Function issues
- ADHD is considered a brain-based neurological condition
Executive Function Issues:
- Weaknesses in the brain’s self-management system
- You can have executive functioning issues and not have ADHD
- There is some degree of issues related to attention, organization, time/task management due to learning differences/disabilities, inadequate educational opportunities, unstable or deficient environment, poverty, unhealthy pregnancy, brain trauma, physical and emotional abuse, drugs, mental health issues, and other factors.
Everyone deserves a chance to be able to function successfully in society and pursue their dreams and desires.
Everyone can potentially improve their executive functioning and should have the opportunity to do that to their highest potential.
Let’s make sure everyone has a chance to find out what they are truly capable of. Explore and support ADHD and Executive Function Coaching today!
Make Progress with the Right Executive Function Coach
As one of the 10+ million U.S. adults with ADD, I genuinely understand the challenges of living with ADHD as well as the positive results that can be achieved through coaching. With the help of a great executive functioning skills coach, adult ADHD treatment can change lives. With the right behaviors and coping mechanisms, it’s easier to overcome some of the worst symptoms. Those include distraction, lack of punctuality, untidiness, forgetfulness, failure to meet deadlines, and more.
By practicing these success strategies, performance at work can improve, too. Life at home will become more stable and relaxing. Enrich every important personal relationship. And most importantly, you’ll gain a new level of self-confidence.